The hours for trick-or-treating are 1pm to 6pm on Wednesday, October 31st. As always, the Summit Police Department promotes safety and awareness on nights like Halloween when pedestrian traffic will be high. We encourage you read the followng health and safety tips, as provided by the cdc website.
- Avoid trick or treating by yourself. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Attach reflective materials to costumes and bags to make it easier for drivers to see you.
- Examine all your goodies for chocking hazards and tampering before consuming.
- Carry a flashlight with you or glow stick are fun too.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Stick to the sidewalks when traveling the streets.
- Do not enter any homes, even when invited, unless you are accompanied by a trusted adult.